3/2/09

Hiatus Thus Hath Ended

Hooray!

So: When life gets in the way of the hobby, things (such as this blog) unfortunately get put on hold. It happens to all of us at some point, and for my part I apologize for disappearing. For me, it was a couple of things. A good friend of ours moved into our spare bedroom this winter, so I had to get rid of my hobby table (as it was in said bedroom). Then the holiday season kicked in, and that's always a busy time.

In addition, we finally managed to do some long-needed renovations on our living room and den, to turn this -


- into this:


I also took on another monumental task: The organization and cataloging of my wife's entire book collection, which was stored throughout the house in bits and pieces (and boxes and closets and so on). To that end, I began building myself a study in the back room of our house, which was unused and simply storing many of the books. To those who don't know me personally, by the way, I should clarify that this has been my wife's home for ten years, and I moved in when I married her two years ago. These were all jobs I had wanted to do for some time - I can be OCD about house projects, since I happen to really enjoy them - and our friend moving in proved to be the impetus to get them done.

So, here's what my new study looks like:




Yes, those are all of my wife's books. If you're curious, there are 652 books there on a total of five bookcases, though that doesn't include our collection of Warhammer 40,000 novels. They're, uh, in the bedroom, for some reason.

Anyway, back on topic. My army has progressed at breakneck speed the past few weeks I've had this set up, so I've got lots to show. I finalized my army list, which you can see on the right-hand side of the blog. I'll discuss the specifics of my list in another post, since I'd love some feedback. Despite my love of Warhammer 40,000, I have yet to play more than a single game in 5th Edition, so my army list was built with some theories that I have yet to put into practice. I figure some of you will have some real-world experience on it.

Speaking of my blog, I've updated it with a new look and (what I hope is) a more useful layout. Comments, critiques welcome.

I'm currently averaging 4-5 hours of modeling and painting per day; my goal with this blog is to post about my progress at least twice a week. So, to finish up this re-introductory post, here's what I received in the mail last week - the last models I needed for this army, in an ominously large box...

3 comments:

The Inner Geek said...

Nice to see you're back. You must be a pretty handy guy with all those home improvement projects. If you run out, I've got plenty to do in my new house! Seriously though, I look forward to seeing some minis!

oni said...

Hardwood floors FTW!

The 25mm Warrior said...

Wow am I jealous. Nice looking cave dude.