6/14/08

First army project: The Blood Pact

Hi, everyone!

First, a bit about me: I've been collecting and playing Warhammer 40,000 on and off for about ten years now. I've played Imperial Guard for most of that time (being a staunch Imperialist), and have always had an enjoyment factor of 60% Painting/Modeling, 40% Gaming. I like to take my time with an army, so that when I put it on the table, my opponent says, "Wow, that's cool," at least once.

For a long time since reading the Gaunt's Ghosts series, I've wanted to do a Blood Pact army. The conversion possibilities are simply endless, and the fluff works incredibly well with the Imperial Guard codex. I've seen a few decent models floating around the web, and of course this dude -



- but entire Blood Pact armies are few and far between.

This is my first real project since getting back into 40k a year ago, and I'm really excited about how it's going to turn out. I hope you enjoy watching it all come together. I welcome any comments or (constructive) criticism!


0 comments: